I'm here, trying to advise and help. This is probably best for first-time-mums, because that's what I am :) I'm not saying that second, third, fourth time-mums can't get anything from this, but you probably know it already. I'm NOT a doctor, I'm just offering advice and personal experiences that people may or may not want to learn from. I'm possibly controversial, I don't really know to be honest, but this is just what I think is best for me and my baby. This is created with the view of a mum-to-mum chat. If you're a Daddy looking things up, be warned there may be talk of vaginas that you may not want to know.

I recommend that because you get so many things thrust at you, by the hospital, by friends and family, books, internet...I would recommend you only research your current stage, and the next one, so you have advice for what you're going through, and what's coming next, otherwise you can get confused, think your baby is ready for something that they're not. I've included a search bar where you can search for the stage you want so it won't be too confusing.

Mum to one beautiful baby girl.

Tuesday 3 December 2013

Newborn: Baby: 0-3 months: Medical professionals think they know everything i

Medical professionals think they know everything and dictate to you exactly what they think you should do, as if there's only one way to do things, and even though they always say every baby is different, they sure don't act that way! Trust your instincts, they're good.

"Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who 
supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth. " Baz leurman everybody's free (to wear sunscreen)
This is exactly how you should treat EVERYONE'S advice. Including medical professionals, including me, remember that medical opinion changes every few years so if you think something isn't right for you and your baby, you don't have to do it, or you don't have to do it that way.

"do not use a secondhand car seat as you cannot be sure it wasn't damaged in an accident with the previous owner" sure, if you're buying from a charity shop. But if you're getting it passed down by a friend, or relative, you would know if they got in a crash. Never say never. If you know exactly where your car seat is from then it's no problem at all.

"do not let your baby sleep in it's car seat in the home" can someone tell me why? I think it's just so they don't get used to it. I think, don't PUT your baby to sleep in the car seat, but if they haven't woken up coming from the car into the house, and if you know it's just a nap and not them going down for the night, then it's fine, they'll wake up soon and want to play.

"don't put shopping bags on the handles of prams and pushchairs" what else do they expect you to do? Don't put too many bags on the handles so that it's too heavy to stand up on it's own. 

"do not use a baby walker as they can lead to accidents" then why do they exist? I personally don't like baby walkers, but of course you can use them. It depends on the size of your house, and how tidy it is. If you have a small house, you can get baby walkers that don't actually move. Instead of do not use, I would say "supervise at all times" which of course you will. If you've got a big enough living room (or a different room) limiting your baby to just the one room to explore at a time would be a good idea. Remember a baby walker lifts your baby up higher than usual, make sure there's nothing (s)he can grab now (s)he's higher up, that (s)he shouldn't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment