I'm here, trying to advise and help. This is probably best for first-time-mums, because that's what I am :) I'm not saying that second, third, fourth time-mums can't get anything from this, but you probably know it already. I'm NOT a doctor, I'm just offering advice and personal experiences that people may or may not want to learn from. I'm possibly controversial, I don't really know to be honest, but this is just what I think is best for me and my baby. This is created with the view of a mum-to-mum chat. If you're a Daddy looking things up, be warned there may be talk of vaginas that you may not want to know.

I recommend that because you get so many things thrust at you, by the hospital, by friends and family, books, internet...I would recommend you only research your current stage, and the next one, so you have advice for what you're going through, and what's coming next, otherwise you can get confused, think your baby is ready for something that they're not. I've included a search bar where you can search for the stage you want so it won't be too confusing.

Mum to one beautiful baby girl.

Saturday 16 November 2013

Pregnancy: The birth

Now this is what everyone's been waiting for! What those months of preparation and care have been for, your little baby is coming into the world! There's a lot of stuff they don't seem to tell you, none of it is glamorous, men probably don't want to read this post at all.

Labour: First thing's first, you will KNOW. I had a false alarm, but if you say I think I'm in labour, you're not. My girl was exactly a week early. The pain is horrendous. You don't know anything like it, and you can't see how ANYONE would want to do it AGAIN, but hormones are a wonderful thing, and it only takes a few months to forget, and start planning another! When in labour, take a couple of paracetamol and have a warm bath. This does nothing for you whatsoever, but that's the first thing the hospital suggests when you call them to tell them you're in labour. I think maybe it's to sort out whether it's the real thing or not, because something so relaxing would help women who had some other ailment that wasn't labour.

Waters: waters breaking is a clear sign of labour. But guess what? Sometimes it doesn't happen and the hospital has to do it for you. Sometimes it doesn't go until you're at hospital. I didn't notice them go at all, so I think they went at hospital. And sometimes it can be a gush, sometimes a trickle. Not very helpful, I know, but it didn't really happen to me...

Mucus plug: Something nobody will tell you about is this. I knew because of Scrubs, but no-one told me. Another definite sign of labour, and you will know what it is. It looks like bogeys. It's disgusting, and wobbly, and can have a little bit of blood in it, it's like mother's dirty little secret, no one wants to talk about it. You may or may not notice it, in your pants or when you wipe going to the toilet. Mine came before the pain did, don't know if that's true for everyone, so I had time to have a nice hot shower, clean my entire body and shave...everywhere. Because people were going to be looking intently at me and I didn't want to be...untidy. I felt better at least for being clean going in to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment