I'm here, trying to advise and help. This is probably best for first-time-mums, because that's what I am :) I'm not saying that second, third, fourth time-mums can't get anything from this, but you probably know it already. I'm NOT a doctor, I'm just offering advice and personal experiences that people may or may not want to learn from. I'm possibly controversial, I don't really know to be honest, but this is just what I think is best for me and my baby. This is created with the view of a mum-to-mum chat. If you're a Daddy looking things up, be warned there may be talk of vaginas that you may not want to know.

I recommend that because you get so many things thrust at you, by the hospital, by friends and family, books, internet...I would recommend you only research your current stage, and the next one, so you have advice for what you're going through, and what's coming next, otherwise you can get confused, think your baby is ready for something that they're not. I've included a search bar where you can search for the stage you want so it won't be too confusing.

Mum to one beautiful baby girl.

Saturday 30 November 2013

Pregnancy: Newborn: How do I fold baby clothes?

I don't think you're stupid. I just didn't know, and you unwrap them so quickly to have a look at them, you forget how they went in the first place. How do you fold dresses? You pretty much don't. They're difficult. Use any baby hangers you have for dresses. How do you fold tops and trousers? Pretty much the same as you'd fold adult tops and trousers. They fit best in a drawer in "like for like" piles, and easy quick grab access too.

How to fold bodysuits
Lie the bodysuit FACEDOWN.

Fold the arms in, one on top of the other

Like so

Next, pull the legs up to meet the folded arms

Fold the bottom up, in half

Turn it over, and with this method you can see which
bodysuit it is in the drawer

When the clothes get bigger (this is 3-6 mo)

You might want to add in an extra fold

To make it the same size as the smaller ones

How to fold vests

Lie it facedown again, for the same reason, so you can see
which one it is in the drawer
Fold it up, at where the crotch starts

Fold in half for newborn, and more for older.
Once you know, it's easy. But working it out, and if you have no-one to show you, can be very stressful.

No comments:

Post a Comment