I'm here, trying to advise and help. This is probably best for first-time-mums, because that's what I am :) I'm not saying that second, third, fourth time-mums can't get anything from this, but you probably know it already. I'm NOT a doctor, I'm just offering advice and personal experiences that people may or may not want to learn from. I'm possibly controversial, I don't really know to be honest, but this is just what I think is best for me and my baby. This is created with the view of a mum-to-mum chat. If you're a Daddy looking things up, be warned there may be talk of vaginas that you may not want to know.

I recommend that because you get so many things thrust at you, by the hospital, by friends and family, books, internet...I would recommend you only research your current stage, and the next one, so you have advice for what you're going through, and what's coming next, otherwise you can get confused, think your baby is ready for something that they're not. I've included a search bar where you can search for the stage you want so it won't be too confusing.

Mum to one beautiful baby girl.

Tuesday 12 November 2013

Pregnancy: Gender Concerns

There are hundreds of old wives tales to try to figure out gender, and searching can be stressful. Especially when it's titled "fun ways to tell" No, not fun, this is ACTUALLY important. I only have the one baby, so I can't really say which are true or not, but I CAN tell you what I had. Personally I think that they're all fabrication that will work for some and not others. I think the best surefire way of being able to tell is by tapping into your mother's instincts. Now I know it sounds strange, cos your baby's only in your belly, you haven't developed mother's instincts! Well, actually, you have :) listen to your body and your baby. What are they telling you? I knew I was having a girl. The problem lies in separating your mother's instincts and being influenced by the gender you want. (don't lie, we all have a preference. Even if you want one of each, you know which one you want first) but I really think you know. I think it's the most accurate way. But we'll go through for you.
  • Carrying high or low: if you're carrying high it's a girl, if you're carrying low, it's a boy. I carried HIGH with my GIRL
  • Heartbeat: 140+ it's a girl, 140 or below it's a boy. My GIRL had heartbeat 162
  • Cravings: if you're craving sweet things, it's a girl, if you're craving savoury, salty things, it's a boy. I craved SWEET things with my GIRL.
  • Pee in a cup mix a tablespoon of Drano in, and watch to see if it changes color. Green = girl, and blue = boy: I didn't even try this. Sounds good, but myself and my baby daddy thought it would actually be dangerous to inhale these chemicals. Plus I'm in England and we don't have that stuff here.
  • Boys give beauty, girls take it away: I had to wash my hair every single day, sometimes twice, because I was so greasy and spotty with my GIRL.
  • Morning sickness: lots of morning sickness with a girl, not much for a boy. I didn't have much morning sickness at all with my GIRL.
  • More moody than usual, it's a girl: Yes I was VERY moody with my GIRL, and this one actually makes sense, because you have more oestrogen in your body than usual, the same reason why you're moody on your period.
  • of course there's more, much more, but some were true for me, some weren't, and I think that that's the case for all of them. I went on loads of gender predictor quizzes and things, and I did come out slightly towards girl most of the time, so don't be disappointed if not ALL of them say you're having what you want, if MOST of them do, then that's probably what you're having. Don't take it as gospel, even the ultrasound technician can be wrong sometimes, and they can SEE your baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment